Greetings guys! Today we are making a Pressure cooker cake. Let me warn you that if you live with anyone in your house, make this only & only when you are alone or everyone else is going to think that you’ve gone bonkers & that the cooker is gone for a toss. So, just saying, make it when you are home alone & trust Me- You, the Cake, the Cooker & the Family all are going to be Happy when this Baby is made! 😋😋
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 tsp Roasted Flax seeds
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Coconut mylk/ Any plant based mylk
- 1/2 cup chopped Pineapple
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cupCoconut mylk
- Shredded Vegan Chocolate/ 3 tbsp Vegan choco chips
- Preheat the Pressure Cooker by covering 1/4 th of it with Salt. Remove the whistle. Keep it on low flame.
- Meanwhile, mix all the wet ingredients for the cake- Sugar, Oil, Banana, flax seeds & set aside.
- Give wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt a good whisk. Mix these into the wet ingredients & pour into a greased cake tin.
- Place the tin into the heated Pressure cooker & on low flame let the cake bake for 30 mins. ( Use the cooker with a cloth because by now it will be very hot to touch.)
- Close the cooker as before without the whistle.
- Melt the sugar into the water, then throw in the chopped pineapples. Cook till they are tender & puree after they cool down.
- Warm the coconut mylk slightly. Place the chocolate in a bowl, pour warm mylk on it & mix with spoon.
- After 30 mins, cake should look like this. ( Open with the help of a cloth)
- Let it cool down in the cooker itself. The cooled down cake looks like this. Take time to notice the wonderful texture please 😍😍
- Cut it into two.
- Using a Spatula- put in all the Pineapple sauce & let the cake chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup on the cake after the cake is set.
PS: if you are wondering what happened to the pressure cooker- did it survive? Check for yourself